- advertisement -

Hey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by _erica, Oct 19, 2008.

1. _erica

_erica New Member

Hey everyone, I'm Erica. I'm 21 years old, and I've been type-1 diabetic since I was 12, so 9 years this month. I'm a college student currently, with a double-major in Creative Writing and Digital Art & Design. My brother, who is 18, is also type-1. He was diagnosed before me, at age 2.

I'm not new to this site at all, in fact I used to frequent the chat rooms when I was in middle-school and newly diagnosed. Now I'm back to start posting on the forums!

I've been working on a book about a girl with diabetes for the past 6 years now. It's been proving difficult to write, and all I have been able to do so far is write and rewrite the first three chapters of it, not knowing exactly where I want the plot to go. I almost gave up, until my mother recently reminded me that there's not enough literature out there, and that I could possibly reach a very wide audience.

After she told me that, I realized that I couldn't do it alone, with just my story as a basis to jump off of (since it is rather atypical), and I don't want to just make situations up. Every diabetic is different, and I want to hear and learn about other's stories so that I can better understand the way others feel about and live with Diabetes. Thus, I am here. I feel like this community will be a great inspiration to me, and I thank everyone in advance if you decide to share your stories with me.

2. KRenee

KRenee Approved members

Welcome to the group, Erica. Good luck on your book.

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hey I'm Kiersten, 17 years old and I have had diabets since I was 14. Welcome to CWD:)

4. TonyCap

TonyCap Approved members

Welcome aboard Erica. When you finish your book, let us know, I would love to read it. :)

5. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Hi Erica...welcome...and good luck with your book!!