- advertisement -

Hey - where has Richard been?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frizzyrazzy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

he hasn't posted in almost a month...

2. lisab

lisab Approved members

Richard....has been on facebook:)

3. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

A lot. :D Can't hardly keep up with him! :p

4. frizzyrazzy

ah good. I got worried when he hadn't been posting here. Glad you guys are keeping tabs on him ;)

5. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Here I is!

Did I used to post here? I do believe I did. Here I is!! :) It is true that I have found several diabetes groups on Facebook. They aren't so obvious, you have to search for them. There aren't many very experienced people there to give good advice, so I feel more needed there than on the regular diabetes websites, where there are so many experienced members who give very good advice.

I am also spreading the word about my book on Facebook. I think the people on the websites who wanted to buy it have already done so. I have found a new audience on Facebook. Many have visited my Fan Page there. I really enjoy making friends with CWD members there.

I so enjoy it when people tell me that my book has given them inspiration and hope for the futures of their diabetic children. It makes all the work I put into the book very worthwhile!! :cwds:

6. frizzyrazzy

glad to hear that you are well and busy!

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Richard I just got a scientific update from Joslin, and they had the medalists picture in there, I was trying to find you in the crowd. Unfortunately the pic is too small (I think 50 years deserves a full page pic IMO):)

8. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

I think that picture was from the Medalist meet-up im May or June of 2009. I did not attend that meeting, so i was not in that picture. I will be attending the meeting this year on June 3 & 4. There will be a new picture. Apparently 80 Medalists have signed up to attend. If I get a copy of the picture I can do an enlargement on my scanner of the part of the crowd where I am located.

9. zakksmom

zakksmom Approved members

Good to see you doing so much good Richard!! And yes, you are a true inspiration to us all. Thank you for taking the time to help us all. :eek:)

10. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Glad to see you here again, Richard. I always think of you as a source of inspiration.