- advertisement -

1. hopeful mom

hopeful mom Approved members

I have never heard of this form of diabetes before and how it came to light is we were just at Sick Kids for my 6 year olds check up and the doctor suggested we have Bretts DNA tested ! His Blood work is being sent to UK England and it should take about 3 months for us to get Bretts results?This is how we have just found out about this Monogenic diabetes ??? Brett was 6 months old when he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes so he could of been misdiagnosed ??? This would be a miricle to our family if he could take medication for his pancreas??? A little over whelming I guess to hear all this and a little scared as well ! Any info you could share from your experience would be much appreciated! Sincerely Lorrie Roberts

2. Judith

Judith Neonatal Diabetes Registry

3. linda

linda Approved members

sorry your going through this at all-but glad you have some hope...hang in and there will be help coming from those who have info!!;)

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

The test can be done in the states in less time, we did it a few years ago and i think the turn time was 3 weeks, we did pay out of pocket about $500, she did not have monogenic D but we wanted to make sure.

Best of luck to you, and hoping for the new DX for you guys.

5. Judith

Judith Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Testing for monogenic

I believe there is some arrangement that kids in the US will be referred for testing to Dr. Philipson's group at the Univ of Chicago, and those elsewhere in the world to Exeter Univ in the UK, where neonatal monogenic was first described by Dr. Andrew Hattersley.

6. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

Just wondering if you have heard anything yet? I e-mailed you a few weeks ago. Praying for you. I know it's hard to wait. We were told it would take 3 weeks, but ended up waiting 6 due to the holiday season (Andy's blood was drawn in Nov and we didn't hear back until Jan). Keep us updated.

7. Toni

Toni Banned

There is a monogenic heading under the forums here on CWD also. I am praying for you, crossing my fingers and toes, and hope he does have monogenic D instead of Type 1. I hope you don't have to wait long for the results of the test.