- advertisement -

Help with photos for fundraising project

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by buggle, Apr 1, 2009.

1. buggle

buggle Approved members

We're working on a video and I was hoping I could get some photos from some of you for it. This isn't about Brendan, though he's helping to make it, but a video about T1 in general with a small bit of explanation about Dr. Faustman's work. It's a fundraising video for her Phase II trials.

We are going to make a dedicated website for this. I have a second video/project as well, but want to get this first one completed before I talk to you about it. The second one will be a lot more interesting for the kids who want to participate, I think.

For now, if you guys could help me with the following types of photos, I would really, really appreciate it. I know that some of you are professional photographers and some of you amateurs take beautiful photos. I've set up a dedicated email address for this project, so that I can keep it organized. The email is buggleCWD AT gmail DOT com

Here's a list of the photos that we need.

Photos of T1 kids of different ages doing regular, active stuff like playing and sports. Some need to be close-ups and some showing active kids from a distance.

Kids in the hospital.

Kids getting shots -- either giving themselves shots or parents giving shots with syringes and pens.

Kids showing their pumps and infusion sets.

Close up of insertion of infusion set.

Close up of lancing and blood drop/ putting drop on strip.

Photo of parent checking child at night.

Photo of a baby/toddler toe being lanced.

I don't want to go too over-the-top, but I want this to be really compelling. I think having photos of different kids at different ages will show the reality of life with this disease.

Thanks in advance. I'll send the link to the video for suggestions once we have it together.

2. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

I think I may have some of the photos that you are asking for.
    They are on a thread I started a few weeks ago in the OT section. I have no idea how to post a link to the thread but if you search for posts by kiwimum, it should come up.
    If not, let me know and I will try to sort something out.

3. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

If I recall correctly isn't Phaunt a photographer. :) You could contact her and see if she would like to participate. I thought I saw some poignant photo's that she posted in regards to d care.

4. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

This is a great idea! Got some photos I think you may be able to use. Will email them tomorrow. Time for bed now!

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

Thanks, Melissa! I've always loved your photos. Debs, I'll try to track down yours.

I hope that Phaunt is ok with us using her pics. That set she posted the other day were just heart-breaking. It was hard enough seeing my 8-year old inject and prick himself. It kills me every time I see the little kids. :(

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I have a few photo's that we used for Kaylee's video that I can send your way.

7. buggle

buggle Approved members

I just tried to click on it in your sig and it's gone. :( I'm being so careful about getting permission for everything. I wrote a photo journalist to get permission to use a photo of Faustman that I like and she's letting me use it! She does want to see the video when it's done, though.

I know that lots of you have asked permission to use songs and never gotten a reply. I wish that they would be more lenient about songs for projects like walk videos. If anything, it'd increase sales of those songs, but music industry people don't seem to think along those lines. :rolleyes:

8. buggle

buggle Approved members

Thanks, Debs. I remember those now. Your hubby is incredible. Those are exactly what we need. Thanks so much for letting us use them.

Here's the link for others to see again.

http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/showthread.php?t=33506

9. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

You are more than welcome. Glad to help in any way.
    I am looking forward to seeing the finished product!:D

10. Flutterby

yes, they took her video down and I just haven't gotten the chance to put it back up (hey, it took them over 2 years to find it the first time, so should take about the same amount of time the second time around;)

There is a site out there that any video can be used without extra permission but I don't know what that site is.. youtube suggested it when they were taking down K's video..

thats so cool that you have permission to use Dr. Faustman's picture:)

11. Flutterby

WOW, I don't know how I missed your photo's the first time, amazing images!!

12. phaunt

phaunt Approved members

What size are you needing, websized or full res? I'm happy to let you use some photos of mine or take a few for you (just need to know what you need).. Just need a few more particulars on what exactly they're being used for and where they'd be displayed/etc.

13. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

One True Media has a limited number of songs available with permission already given to use in videos. I selected my song from the list and haven't had a problem with it. It's a very limited list though. I have the premium version (up this month at some point though). I could see if that increases the number of songs available - not sure - or you could call their phone number.

Awesome idea and I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!

14. buggle

buggle Approved members

Thanks, Kate. The final resolution isn't going to be very high, because we're going to host off YouTube. And I'll have photos of all different resolutions. We're gathering material now and then we'll start putting a rough version together to see how the various photo qualities come out.

OSUMom, we have the music part handled. I was thinking about all the walk videos that were taken down due to copyright issues on YouTube. Your suggestion could be helpful for those who need a new song for their videos so they can get them back up.

I've received quite a few good photos so far. Thanks to everyone and keep them coming! :)

15. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I'll send some over...so glad your doing something for Faustman:D

16. buggle

buggle Approved members

I've got a lot of great photos already. Thanks to everyone.

I still need a close up of infusion set.

Does anyone have any of a parent doing a nighttime check of a sleeping kid?

Thanks.

17. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

sent you some ;)