- advertisement -

HELP With Diabetic Supplies..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sw33tBabi3z, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Sw33tBabi3z

Sw33tBabi3z Approved members

Hello, everyone!!

Hope everything is well with you all!!

Well, things just seem to be getting worse and worse, A year ago I lost my job, we lost our place, our car, my DD got dx'd, then she had a freak out that we still don't know why or what caused it.

I don't even want to get into what it's like living with my Mom (8 ppl in a 3 bedroom/1 bathroom house and a severely unstable and emotionally, mentally and verbally abusive HALF Brother) with no car, I'm still jobless, my Husband's check vary dramatically, the healtn/prescription insurance is KILLING us!!

On top of that, they might cut off our electricity and we'll more than likely lose this house. Phew! sorry for the rant, my question is;

I live in the South Miami area, does anyone know of any resources or contacts I can get in touch with in regards to assistance with diabetic supplies?

Any help is greatly and thoroughly appreciated and if no body knows of anything please pray for us as I will be praying for all of us who have to live with this condition be it the children who have it and the parents who have to live with this as well.

Thanks for listening and God Bless You All!!!
    :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

I can't help a whole lot, but try www.needymeds.com The site links you to a lot of the different prescription assistance programs. It does include the glucometer companies for test strips.

Jen

3. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Sorry things are going so badly for you. It might help if you list just what D supplies you need. Do you need just strips, syringes, or do you need pump supplies. Sometimes people on here are willing to share if we know exactly what you need and if we have it to spare.

4. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

http://www.pparx.org/
    I saw this on montel williams a few years ago.
    if you plug in your dd's drugs it will match up drug co. programs that can help.

5. Sw33tBabi3z

Thanks,
    I basically need syringes; BD Ultra 3/10ml/cc -Length; 8mm- gauge (5/16") 31G
    Short needle

Test strips; Ultra 100's

Thank God her Doctor at least hooks it up with the insulin, God knows I pay enough in co-pays!

Thanks again!

6. Sw33tBabi3z

Thank you all for your help and concern!

I hope to be able to give some advice as well although this is still pretty new to us more or less.

:)

7. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

8. Sw33tBabi3z

Many thanks!!
    :D