- advertisement -

Help me stop diabetes!!

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by LexiV, May 31, 2014.

1. LexiV

LexiV New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Lexi Varrato. I am 15 years old and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 9. I wanted to share something I am very passionate about with you. Because finding a cure is of utmost importance to me personally, I am cycling in the ADA Tour de Cure in Princeton on June 8th, 2014. This event is a great way to raise money and awareness to help find a cure for this terrible disease. I will be riding as a Red Rider, someone who rides with diabetes.
    Participating in the Tour shows me that beyond my own support system there are thousands of compassionate people dedicated to fighting diabetes by riding and raising money as a community.
    This year marks my 4th Tour de Cure event. Last year, with the help of supportive and loving family and friends that I am so greatful for, I surpassed my goal of $5,000. At just 14 years old, I was in the top 5 individual fundraisers overall, the Top Youth Fundraiser, and also won the Champion to Stop Diabetes award for a third straight year. I also had the honor of being asked to be the Youth Ambassador for the Princeton Tour de Cure. You can read more about my story on my fundraising page, www.tour.diabetes.org/goto/LexiVarrato
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! Let's work together to CURE DIABETES!!!

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Way to go, Lexi!!!