- advertisement -

HELP! Free, quick, easy quicken alternative!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Mama2H, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I am so mad :mad: I put all of my business info into my quicken (took me a freakin week because I didn't do it all year ) Only to find out that I CANNOT PRINT my reports :eek: I need these for my tax lady. After doing a lot of searching I have found out that this is a compatability problem with Vista and there is no workable fix for me :mad: Anyone know a free program where I can enter minimal info. All I need is about 15 accounts that I can calculate how much people paid me and about 20 accounts that I can calculate exactly how much I paid in expenses and to where. Can anyone help me :eek: I try to make an excel sheet but I am excel ILLITERATE!

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Nicole if you still have the quicken on your old laptop you should be able to put it back on and print it from your old one.

3. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

Can you save the reports as PDF files and then print them as pdfs?

4. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Nope, won't let me. I keep getting error messages. I ended up backing it up to a usb. Installing quicken on my old dinosour laptop. Then I restored. Lots more steps but that is the bare bones. Thanks Lanae for reminding me to use the "dinosour" :D Now I still have to buy something to replace quicken cause I can't do this every year :eek:

5. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Nicole, I don't know how you feel about Quickbooks, but they have an online version now that is pretty easy to deal with. It's not free...I think it's $10 a month...but it might be worth it to not worry about compatibility.