- advertisement -

HELP!! Doctors in Illinois

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by alf7199, Nov 13, 2012.

1. alf7199

alf7199 Approved members

We recently moved to Illinois from Utah and I am looking for an Endo for my daughter. We live in Crystal Lake and have United Health Care. I do not mind traveling for a great doctor. She would prefer a female doctor. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you in advance for your time!!!

2. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

Not that I am any help but what part of Ut did you move from? We just moved back to ut. Good luck finding a dr out there

3. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

You are real close to us. We live in McHenry about 20 minutes north of you. I can't really help you with the doctor. We go all the way to Milwaukee at the Children's Hospital. I do know there is a good set of pediatric endos in the Algonquin area but I don't know what insurance they take or their names.

4. alf7199

alf7199 Approved members

We lived in Draper, up in Suncrest... the top of South Mountain... my neighbors sent me some pictures and it looks like that storm left about 12-18 inches of fluffy snow up in our neighborhood

5. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We've been very happy with Dr Duck. His office is out of Skokie but we see him at the Vernon Hills branch.

6. alf7199

alf7199 Approved members

We were just up your way this past weekend :)

I actually found a doctor I thought was going to work in Algonquin, then I called to make an appointment only to find out she is leaving for maternity leave Dec 1 and will not be back in the office till April 1, the receptionist said she is dispersing her patients till she returns... Ummm... I don't care how "good" you are but t1 changes everyday and IMHO that is putting her patients lives in a serious holding pattern that could have very bad results. We considered going into the city, she used to go to Joslin in Boston (LOVED IT) but trying to keep it close for now...

7. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Have you checked the Lurie Children's hospital (Children's Memorial) website? They have a practice in Arlington Heights.

You might check some of the websites for some of the other, larger hospitals that might have satellite locations.

When we had United Healthcare, I thought they had a find a physician tool that helped find in- network physicians.

We go to a practice called Academic Endocrine, they have office in western suburbs ( Wheaton) and further south ( Naperville) .

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  8. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I went to the Children's Hospital of Milwaukee for 12+ years (until they said I aged out of the program and they kicked me out - a very sad day for me). I do not know who all is still there, but the Peds. NP there, Elaine Parton is AWESOME!! I LOVE and miss her so much! She became a mentor to me, she taught me so much...

Also, another doctor from up there that recently went to one of the Chicago Children' Hospitals (I believe Children's Memorial / Robert H Lurie Children's) is Dr. Ramin Alemzadeh. He was in charge at CHW in Milwaukee, and is now in charge of the pedi endo clinic in Chicago. He's a guy, but he's GREAT as well.

I grew up in Lindenhurst, IL and am now living outside of Indianapolis, IN and working as a mother / baby nurse. Have had diabetes for 18+ years.

9. MyHandsAreFulll

MyHandsAreFulll Approved members

We see Dr. Berhe out of Joliet, I believe he is in Elk Grove as well. Not sure how close that is to you. We are very happy with him and especially the Nurse Practitioner (Martha) out of the Joliet office. He is a Ped. Endo. and they are very pro pump, we got Ava's pump 10 days after her DX.

10. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

We go to Children's Hospital, Dr. Kreiter (female). While they don't have a practice in Arlington Heights (where we live) they have satellite offices that they rotate to all over the Chicagoland area once a month. We see her there, or in Glenview, depending on theirs and our schedules. They schedule 3 - 4 months out..... Highly recommend her...