- advertisement -

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by anna-bananna, Jun 1, 2011.

1. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Hello All,

We are in the Pacific Northwest...very active, on-the-go family. DD6 was diagnosed just over a year ago, just after turning 5. On our 1-year dx anniversary, I wrote this on our FB page:

"One year ago today, in the midst of preparing to move our family to Almaty, Kazakhstan for 1-2 years, I took my [DD6] to the doctor for what I thought was a UTI. Instead, we got the shock of our lives to find out that she has Type-1 Diabetes. One year later, we are: 1) still struggling to find what this means for us in relation to living overseas; 2) very tired from late-night blood checks; 3) thankful for God's grace in the midst of this, giving us wisdom and strength to deal with the day-to-day "stuff" of this disease..."

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate finding this site. The advice, tips, and reminders that others are going through (or have gone through) the same things we are is invaluable. I have been on for about a week, I think, and have gained so much.

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Welcome to CWD.

3. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Welcome to the board. I hope you get out of it as much as I have over the past year.

Come back frequently. We here all here to help in any way we can.

4. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Welcome, Anna! There are folks that live in all parts of the world that participate in these Forums...and find themselves uprooted once in a while...I'm sure some will chime in with helpful tips.

Take care, and once again, welcome.

Kathy

5. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

Welcome to CWD. We just moved to the Pacific Northwest too. We are in Everett, WA. There are several on here in the area too.

6. dvane

dvane Approved members

Welcome Anna....We are in Arlington Wa. This is a wonderful place to be if you have to be :).There are so many knowledgable friends here.