- advertisement -

Hello

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by T1Christine, Mar 29, 2008.

1. T1Christine

T1Christine New Member

Hi! I am new here. I am a Type I since age four. I am eight months pregnant and found out yesterday that I have to stop working for the remainder of my pregnancy. I would love to talk with others with Type I especially mothers.

2. hypercarmona

hypercarmona Approved members

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy! :cwds:

I had to quit work at 7 months with my youngest because of a preterm labor scare. I was working 13 hour days so I could keep my insurance, and it was just too much stress. A 3 day hospital stay convinced me that I should cut back some. I quit work and did what I could to "relax" (with a crazy 4 year old running around it was a little hard :p) and everything turned out okay.

My little guy turned one year old last month. And my oldest turns six years next month. It makes me feel so old! :D

This was taken a couple weeks after Will was born.

3. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I had to stop working when I was 7 months along with my daughter. I was a cashier at Krogers and it got to be too much ,so I was glad to be able to stop working and get off my feet some.

4. Ali

Ali Approved members

I am probably older than you are really looking for! I had two kids as a type one 20 years ago and adopted my now ten year old seven years ago, but want to say congratulations. I loved being pregnant and for me my blood sugar levels after the first three months were never better than when I was pregnant. But...everyone type one or not responds to pregnancy differently. It is a balancing act being a type one and having kids, especially more than one, but you just end up with a new routine of care. My kids learned to wait when I said I have to check my BS and then might say Mom needs a bit of time to recoup. Have a wonderful time and just make sure you take time to keep yourself healthy after your child is born. By the way all three of my kids are fantastic and healthy. I loved giving birth and adopting an older international child. Ali.

5. cydnimom

cydnimom Approved members

Hi Christine,

If you want to connect more with T1 moms who are pregnant try this site:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/positivediabeticpregnancies/?yguid=196306047

You will probably get more of a response.

Both of my pregnancies ended early. One at 32 weeks and the other at 34 weeks - not because of diabetes, but because my water broke. The doctors called it an irritable uterus - I had contractions starting at 25 weeks that continued. I worked up to the day they were both delivered.

Is there a specific reason they said you should quit working?

6. T1Christine

T1Christine New Member

I had to stop work because my doctor was worried I was in the initial stages of preeclampsia. At least I am in the last month of pregnancy, 36 weeks on Saturday, so I do not have a long time to wait. :) I really wanted to work until the day I delivered mostly because I think it keeps me healthy, but oh well. Thank you for the link.