- advertisement -

Hello, nice to meet you

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by don04, Oct 14, 2013.

1. don04

don04 Approved members

Hello,

I was diagnosed T1D in 1981 when I was 6.
    I am now 38, been pumping since 1993 (age 18, just before college).

I have been through childhood, teens, and am now adult with T1D, and I have probably been through more struggles then I hope any of you do.

I was a clinical test patient for Humalog in the middle 1990's, getting shipments of insulin from the FDA. Dr's were hoping it would help with the insulin antibodies I had developed causing all kinds of other problems.

I was diagnosed in 2010 with ALPS, a rare blood problem that normally does not occur in adults.

I have been through a lot, and want to help share my struggles and successes so maybe it can help others with their questions for kids or adults. I have been through the steps and understand.

2. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

I so appreciate the posts and advice from PWD's and am happy you will be sharing your struggles and triumphs. Welcome.

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I really value advice and experience from adult PWD. Welcome. I hope you get something worthwhile from your time here as well.