- advertisement -

Health insurance bill

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by samson, Jun 12, 2017.

1. samson

samson Approved members

Apparently the Senate is trying to craft a new draft health care bill and pass it before the July 4 recess:
    https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-wrapping-up-health-care-bill-but-wont-release-it-2440345281.html
    However, they won't release a bill showing what's actually IN the bill until the 11th hour, leaving as little time as possible for constituents to call in and voice their thoughts. As a result of this stealthy process, apparently call volumes to senators' offices have decreased to normal levels. If calls increase, they may feel more nervous about going through this process with no disclosure.
    The bill that passed the house allowed states to opt out of the preexisting coverage guarantee -- without some version to see we will have no idea whether that element will be in the bill or not. Word on the street is that they want the bill to be similar enough to the house version that they can reconcile the two.

2. Snowflake

Snowflake Approved members

Thanks, samson. With all the other spectacle going on in Washington, I'm very concerned that the Senate could actually manage to slip this through without much notice. I'm afraid the patient advocacy groups got complacent and didn't keep the pressure dialed up high enough through the spring -- although the House still passed its bill in spite of overwhelming opposition. It might be a lost cause, but I'll be reaching out to my fence-sitting Senator.