- advertisement -

have you seen pumpernickel????

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momofphoenix, Apr 7, 2008.

1. momofphoenix

momofphoenix Approved members

2. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I so want one, but it'd cost a fortune to ship one here. I keep an eye out on ebay though, just in case I find one!

3. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Emily got one after she started pumping. They have matching pumps!

4. etringali

etringali Approved members

Miss-Behave
    Have you looked on Amazon? I think you may be able to get one through Amazon-UK which would hopefully not have as horrendous shipping. Or maybe you can have one shipped to someone here and they can mail it out to you. I'm surmising that it may cost less for some to ship to you than to have the seller do it. They always charge a ton for shipping.

5. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

No I haven't looked, I'll check it out. Thanks! :cwds:

6. rare

rare Approved members

lol when I saw the title I thought this was about bread and was like what. Then I read the post and thought it was a real monkey. Double lulz. I'm not the most coherent person first thing in the morning. :p

7. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

T received Pumpernickel as a Christmas gift from her daycare provider. It's so cute!

8. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I said the same thing to myself. I was like how cool a real monkey pumping..LOL.. Its sad when you only have had 1 cup of coffee and can't function yet in the morning. That is the cutest thing though.:D

9. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Sam's pump rep gave him pumpernickle as a gift when Sam first started on the pump.

10. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I got one for my two year old for his birthday. He loves that monkey. (He isn't D)

11. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

We bought Liv a Pumpernickel when we first started looking into pumping.

12. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

We got Hunter a Pumpernickel when he started pumping

13. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

we have it better.... ruffus pumps at our house ;) matt decided, ruffus was tired of MDIs, and wanted a pump. SO... mom, gasping at the price of pumpernickle, decided, how hard would it be to make a pump? its plastic, and darn, its not even the pump matt uses. I have seen on a pump pouch site, someone makes them out of felt, not good enough for me, or matt.

one evening at work, a plastic candy box, some duct tape, some used tubing from one of matts used sets, a bit of felt(attached to the tubing for the circle) , some snaps(attached to felt and attached to bears tummy in a few spots to change out pump places) , and walla... ruffus is a pumper of the first degree. Minimed, eat your heart out! In any event matt was so pleased, that his favorite bear Beeboo became diabetic, and required a pump (another evening put to good use at work :p ) and so on.... amazing what an epidemic diabetes has become in the stuffed animal world in his room. Of cource, now I have been told, ruffus has a bracelet, matt has a necklace (very expensive one, 45.00) and Beeboo, is in need of the exact same necklace that matt has on. :eek: Nothing but the best for Beeboo so Im told...

now... its on to making matching pump pouches, for matt, and for the stuffed animals.....:rolleyes: what next, thier own meters?

Now, you to can make your own pumps at a mear fraction of the cost of pumpernickle, Im talking pennies... I used a candy box, slightly smaller then a sucrets box, which also would be good depending upon the size of your stuffed toy. dental floss box's are also good, for the smaller ones, and if you have a very small animal, look for the listerene thin strips, tiny plastic case holds these strips, its a wee bit bigger then a stamp. I was thinking, since we just aquired a hot glue gun at work, that I would try using felt for the outside skin of my pump box.... hot glue it on, and see if it stays. I tried perm black sharpie, but surprizingly, it didnt go over so well on the plastics I picked, but then again, they do sell plastic adhearing paint...

14. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Kaylee has pumperknickle, she loves him.. the magnet fell out of the infusion set, so it doesn't stay attached anymore.. but she still loves him:)

15. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Yep, bought Bella pumpernickel when she first started trying to steal Hailey's pump. She thought it was cool for about a week and then went back to Hailey's since pumpernickel doesn't have the same pump as Hailey :(

16. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

If Pumpernickel had a Minimed pump, I'd buy him for Jack in a heartbeat!

17. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

LOL Sean uses the Aviva meter we got at dx for testing Rufus and Pumpernickel. We switched to the Freestyle meters, but use the multiclix on Sean so he uses the Freestyle lancer (clicks w/ no lancet) on them and used test strips. Rufus gets on avg. a round of 7 shots (syringe w/ needle clipped off) once per month and Pumpernickel has one of his Animas infusion sets on (that Sean applied himself :D) and gets his pump "read and set" maybe once a week.

18. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

OMG.. I have to order one!!.. jessi has rufus and a hippo from animas (that is her favorite animal!) She will love it.

19. Ginger9909

Ginger9909 Approved members

Yes we have this! It was one of my daughter's x-mas gifts last year. It is as cute as it looks online!

20. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

is it just expensive through the company to ship to you.. would it be different if one of us shipped it??

if you have a paypal account and can send money to me, I can buy it for you, and ship it to you.. cheaper than the store would I'm sure..PM if you are interested:)