advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have to switch meters. Help!

Discussion in 'Glucose Meters' started by BrendaK, May 7, 2015.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We've used freestyle lite forever and our supplier (a+) cannot get them anymore. My question is about one touch. Are all one touch strips the same? Or are verio iq's different from the mini? I have to replace lots of meters and I think I have verio iq's at home that came with the tslim. I also can choose Bayer contour or Aviva. Any advice?

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We've used the Aviva since diagnosis. We had to switch to the Verio IQ for a bit due to insurance reasons. I know a lot of people like it, but my daughter dubbed it the "Variability" because of how much readings varied compared to what we were used to. In one blood drop, she got a reading of both number in the 50s and 100s. Accu-chek has great customer service, and we're glad to be using their strips again with a dr. override.

3. Schpoodle's Dad

Schpoodle's Dad Approved members

We are long time Contour users and have been very happy with that meter.

We recently started to make the switch to the Verio Flex because of the Bluetooth capability. We haven't used it long enough to determine whether it is accurate / consistent enough for our liking but we love the ability to see our daughter's readings when she is at school.