- advertisement -

Have a few ?s Lost on my son

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Momof4rugratz, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

True, I guess I am just confused as to what is going on here. In one post the OP says her child got a dx of Type 1, yet they just sent them home. The OP got a reading of 300 and an A1c of 6.9. I was just wondering how they were dealing with that. To me that sure seems like diabetes and they should be testing him and treating with insulin.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. wilf

wilf Approved members

I think you need proper medical advice.

It is likely that he is developing Type 1 D, but only a doctor can make that determination.

Few of us had the benefit of this level of testing prior to our children's diagnosis - my guess is we may have seen something like this if we had had the benefit of such testing.

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

Also, here
    http://community.diabetes.org/t5/Th...Then-T2-Now-ped-says-surgery-issue/m-p/411515

Those results are from 2 years ago?? What happened with the metformin he was taking?

4. wilf

wilf Approved members

I think this falls under the "Posts about "I think my child has diabetes" thread which is permanently posted as a sticky by Jeff. Please read that and seek the proper medical advice you need.

The rest of us should probably refrain from posting further.

5. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Maybe but this is a pretty unusual case and I don't think there should be anything wrong with us, as mature adults, discussing the different aspects of the situation.