- advertisement -

Has the cover on your pump buttons ripped?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ivan's Mum, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

Hi Guys,

If you're an animas pump user, please could you let me know if you've ever had your pump button cover rip and if it was replaced under warranty.

The light button cover has ripped (no hole but cracked kind of and you can see under it) and I wasn't going to worry about it until I realised that it's no longer water proof.

The pump is less than 3 months old but is replacement #3 though the others have never ripped.

I recall reading on the forum previously that many people have had the pump buttons rip or wear and had the pump replaced. I just want to check my facts before I go forth.

2. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Yes. My dd is pretty rough on her belongings, pump included. They replaced it no problem.

3. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

We had the button cover separate and they replaced it.

4. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Yes we have had two replaced under warranty because of the button cover. They don't even question it. Like you said, it's not waterproof anymore.

5. HM5388

HM5388 Approved members

Yes - about 7 or 8 months after getting our first, the buttons ripped. Replaced without a problem.

6. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Four times now.... the only replacement I've had that wasn't due to the buttons was when the battery compartment cracked.

They'll replace it without hesitation, just give them a call :)