- advertisement -

Has anyone used Groovy patches?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Deannas mom, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

I saw these on the net, they look really cool, Deanna would like to get some. have any of used them, and do they interfere with the set?

2. missnme

missnme Approved members

A lot of the girls at camp had these, so Jessie is wanting me to place an order. Unfortunately she is still using the Rapid-D, so she needs to switch infusion sets to one that can accommodate them. We are trying our first inset today, then will place the order.

I imagine they are easy because the kids at camp mostly changed their own sites and put the groovy patches on.

3. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

We've used them and loved um! :D

4. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Yes I have some. I think they're great, but my infusion sets never showing anyway :p Some people say they don't stick well, but I've never had a problem. I use the ones for the Quicksets btw.

5. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

They are great!! We ordered them right when they came out, and Mia looves them! We probably have reordered 4 times since. I actually met the lady at the FFL Conference in Orlando where she had a stand. She is so nice. The designs are really cute, too. We get the ones for the Insets but I have 2 or 3 leftover for the Comfort Shorts if you want to try them, I can send them to you (if thats the set you are using). Just email me at holdsteller@hotmail.com. They do not interfere with the set at all.

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Kaylee has some.. she likes them.. and I know I"ve got more somewhere else but can't find them.. the problem I found is that they don't stick the best.. so don't use them when swimming is going to be an issue.. they don't interfere with the set because they have the whole cut out.. so you insert your set, disconnect and then reconnect after its on:)

7. Carrie

Carrie Approved members

We've used them with the Quicksets and find they don't stick that well. :( Our daughter's still at that age where she wants one on, and then wants to change to a different one an hour later.

8. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

We've tried them. At first Sam really liked them, but the novelty wore off and since the patch is actually wider in diameter than the Cleo set (and since the set is clear) it doesn't really make that much sense to use them. She'll stick one on every once in a while, but hasn't used one recently because of swimming.

9. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

I posted this question this morning and was not able to get back on line until now:p
    Im going to order some of the patches, Deanna's Endo said we have to use the shillouetts (sp) infusion sets to start with , not sure why, but we didnt seam to have any problem with the set when we did our trial site a few weeks ago. But I have noticed that not may others on here use the Shillouette's . I guess we will just go with the flow for now..Im still waiting to here about our pump classes, I hope we start soon so we dont have to interupt the school schedule to much.

10. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Barb, call me or email me if you have any questions about the pump training process, site changes etc. Since we have the same endo office and live pretty close, if you want to, we could meet up and I could show you everything and tell you what to expect. We too "learned" on the Silhouettes (same as Comfort Shorts but longer)... I think they want you to be able to insert a manual angled set before switching over to an Inset, or another set with inserter. It's not a bad thing but it doesn't mean you have to stay with that particular set if you don't want to. Mia would be happy to show everything to Deanna...in fact, I am sure she would love it! The training is pretty intense and will take several weeks but its going to be all worth it!!!

11. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

After you get settled, call MM and ask for samples of the other two (quick sets & Sure T). We started with the Sil's and switched to the Sure T's after our prescription was up.