- advertisement -

Has anyone tried this product/wrap?

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by nanhsot, Mar 22, 2010.

1. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

http://www.flatoutbread.com/movie.html

I promise I am not a salesperson or anything, bought this at my local store the other day and my kids are LOVING it. It is one of those "net carb" type products that we had to guess actual carbs on (we went with 10...actual carb count was 16, net carbs was 6 for the type I bought). I think the one I bought was the "light" version.

I made a wrap out of grilled chicken, thin sliced virginia ham, bacon, cheese, spinach, a thin layer of ranch dressing...YUM for only 10 carbs! Served that with some canteloupe and it made a great quick dinner.

Today for lunch I put them into a hot oven straight on the oven rack until they got crunchy, then we topped them with homemade pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheeses for a yummy 10 gram pizza lunch.

Just thought I'd share my new find!

2. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

YES!! I have been using these for awhile!! Kaylee likes them and I pack her lunch using them ... instead of bread ... if you come up with other good ideas let me know!! They are yummy!

Crystal

3. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I really like these too! Yummy.

4. actualreality86

actualreality86 Approved members

They come in different flavours, and I really like the 'lite' one.

What I make:

Mock version of Jason's Deli wraps
    Vegetarian Wraps - avocado, fresh spinach, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, vegan cheese, whatever I can fit into one
    Pizza - sauce, grilled veggies - no cheese
    Quesadillas - with grilled veggies and vegan cheese
    Sandwiches - vegetarian because I am one.
    Salad in a wrap.. - salad, croutons, dressing..
    Open faced wrap, basically like the pizza, but you can put it in the broiler and have all of the veggies on top.

Breakfast tacos with tofu bacon, or sausage with egg whites and mixed veggies.

Some times I substitute them as croutons and cut them up to put them as strips in my salad in a bowl.

Toast with SF jelly - broil the flatout
    French toast - cut up, dip in egg whites, the SF syrup with it. - I've yet to mix fruit into it, but will be.

Also, look into Arnolds Thins - they are low in carbs and help me out quite a lot.

5. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

I love flatouts I am having one for lunch today as a matter of fact.

6. MomtoPatience

MomtoPatience Approved members

Yes they have come in handy, many times for DD.