- advertisement -

Has anyone had the internal battery go out on your Animas Ping?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Ours did. You know it when you go to change the battery and when replace the battery the date and time goes back to Jan 12am 2007.

2. Lovemyboys

Lovemyboys Approved members

Yes, ours did too. I called Animas and they sent us a new pump.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We were 3 days out of warranty and had to buy a new one.

4. selketine

selketine Approved members

:eek: I hope insurance covered it. I haven't heard of that happening to anyone.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

isn't that how it happens?

If this is an expense for you I would look into the day you actually recieved it in your hot little hands and argue for coverage under the warrenty. KWIM?

6. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Happened here. We were lucky and had the pump just over a year so it was covered by warranty.

7. Diana

Diana Approved members

So, we had the battery out of our Ping for about 24 hours. I had to reset the date when I started it back up again. Is that not supposed to happen? I was surprised, but all our other settings were still there so I figured all was okay.

8. Lovemyboys

Lovemyboys Approved members

Oh no, that's terrible timing! When this happens, does your insurance usually cover the new one?

9. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Yes this happened to us as well...but didn't know it was the internal battery at first...I just kept re-setting the date at battery changes and wondering why!:rolleyes: Finally did call Animas for another matter, and they said it was the internal battery and they sent us a new pump.

10. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Well, yes it still works. But, if who ever is doing the battery load doesn't pay attention to that then basals and ratios could be going for the wrong time of day.

11. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

After insurance the new pump is only costing us $57.:D So no big deal.

12. suz

suz Approved members

Ours did, and I really didn't think anything of it - just a minor annoyance. Wasn't until we got a crack in the casing and called them that they asked about that. We got a new pump - and I'll remember if it happens again to call them!

I have to say that we called at 4pm on a Friday afternoon about the crack, and by 10am the following morning my son had his new pump on him. Great service!