- advertisement -

Has anyone else tried this?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by pianoplayer4, Apr 26, 2013.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

So yesterday was a bit of a crazy day and I ran into a problem I'd never run into before=/ For dinner I ate fast food, and did a combo bolus cause other wise I'd be through the roof! Then I was at youth group and it was ice cream night... normally they have 1/2 the fat ice cream and I don't really need a combo bolus for it, but tonight they didn't. I really wanted ice cream so I got some and was just going to combo bolus... but I already had a combo going... and you can't do two at the same time....

So I just bolused for the whole thing up front and did a +200% temp for two hours and then a +100% temp for 1 1/2 hours. It worked great! next time I won't bolus all of it up front (I did that cause I was high from fast food) but the highest I went was like 205 and then I slowly coasted down to the low 100's and stayed there for a couple of hours=) I rose like 70 points around 5 hours after eating so I'm thinking next time I'll try a lower second temp for a longer period of time.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone's tried this before, doing temp basals instead of combos? Cause it worked A LOT BETTER for me=D

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I have done it the other way around.

A combo instead of a temp basal, that way I knew IOB.

If it worked great.