- advertisement -

Hard case suggestions for Dexcom G4?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by virgo39, Aug 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Title says it all. We have a Tallygear spandex case, but I would love to get a hard case too. I have not checked Otterbox or any of the cell phone or ipod (older) hard cases, but if you know any specific case that would work, I'd love to hear about it.

TIA

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Have you tried the Tallygear neoprene ones? We find it gives great cushioning when dropped. Try a place like EMS or REI, they have waterproof hard cases, some are a bit bulky but may work.

3. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

4. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I don't know of any cell phone cases exactly, but Target sells iPhone Wallets that are hard. They are too big, would encase the dexcom and allow it to be used while in the wallet. They change the patterns by the seasons, so there are always some on clearance and some priced at $13 but they have had them in the women's wallet section for at least a year. http://www.target.com/p/merona-stri...6#prodSlot=medium_1_22&term=cell+phone+wallet

5. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Thanks all. DD is still getting used to keeping the Dexcom receiver with her when she is out and about and having it on a lanyard around her neck in a Tallygear case was not enough protection--we had a few "near misses" that made me think we need a hard case.

I am going to hold off for now. Lovemyhounds recently reposted her Vera Bradley bag, so I picked up one of those and a matching ID case for DD in the hopes that if we trick everything out with some rhinestones, she'll be more aware and careful!

6. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

These don't offer any protection for the screen or buttons, but they worked great for protecting the fragile port cover. We had 2 receivers replaced because of the port covers before I bought our first case. My dd prefers to stuff Dex in her pocket so it works very well.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Dexcom