- advertisement -

Happy Mama Conference/Retreat in July

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by momandwifeoftype1s, Mar 11, 2012.

1. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I am one of the Organizers for an upcoming conference/retreat that I thought that some of you might be interested in. Although it's not a retreat for parents of children with diabetes, I know that many of you have children with brain-based disabilities and might want to attend. Registration opens today!

Are you a stressed-out, overwhelmed, overworked, tired and under-nurtured mother of a child with ADHD, ADD, OCD, SPD, PBD, FASD, Autism, PDD, or any number of other brain-based differences that lead other people to judge your parenting, make you second-guess yourself, challenge your marriage, and keep you up at night worrying incessantly about your child?

If so, then look no further for a soft place to land. The Happy Mama Conference and Retreat weekend getaway has been created especially for you!

http://if-mama-aint-happy.com/

I hope to see you there!

Amy

2. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

My jaw is on the floor. my six year old has SPD, ADHD, and PTSD...I so wish I could go. I'll think about it! Thanks for posting this!

3. momandwifeoftype1s

Libby - I really hope you can make it! You will find yourself in the company of a lot of moms who have children with co-morbid disorders. My older son has type 1 diabetes and ADHD. My younger son was diagnosed with developmental delays and sensory processing disorder when he was 2. This conference/retreat is really meant to be a time to meet other moms who "get" it and to pamper ourselves since we are usually the ones taking care of everyone else. We have lined up some great speakers and activities, but I think the best thing will be finding so many commonalities with other mothers. The resort is gorgeous!

Amy

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

It think this is such a great idea Amy:) Just a little break is often all that a person needs to get back to it and feel as if theyre in a much better place. ;)

5. momandwifeoftype1s

Thank you, Becky! Yes, I think this will be a great weekend to relax and enjoy the company of other moms. I hope it's a big success! Registration just opened today :).

6. momandwifeoftype1s

Just a friendly reminder that the Early Bird Registration for the Happy Mama Conference & Retreat ends on May 1st. I hope you can come!

Amy