- advertisement -

Had to share...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Heather(CA), Jul 14, 2012.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Seth is 17 now and he has a new girlfriend. Tonight she came over to hang out. When she got here she brought Seth two little sodas for lows. They are so cute :)

Wasn't that sweet? :D

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

She is a keeper! So thoughtful!

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

I would question her motives ... but I'm wired that way. :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I would take this as a chance to talk about the reasons he might go low!

not with her, but your son.

Really, I DO NOT want to make light of the issue, norit a "hot topic"

These are some of the things that we as parents have to consider, with children that are out and about without us.

IT, has to be considered and planned for.

OK, jump on me if you have too. But, I met my hubby when I was 14, and well, by 17, we were well on our way.

5. lynn

lynn Approved members

That is a cute story. Reading it, I didn't consider that there may be an underlying "message" in the gift. I would guess that you, being there in real life, would have caught that something was not quite as sweet and innocent as it seemed.

We worry about out kids' future mates and how they will handle diabetes. I think this girl just opened the door for some education!

6. Heather(CA)

Yes, I would have noticed. I have a LOT of experiance in dealing with teens.

There were no hidden messages. It is very new, she was just being thoughtful. Her mom is great she is pretty sheltered. Seth goes for smart, athletic, good girls....

7. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I think this girl will make at the least a great friend who wants to learn about D. She sounds like she is open and caring, which is a good combination in my book.

8. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Why is everyone being so cryptic

9. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

LOL--I thought that was so sweet, I didn't even think of that. Gosh, I have a lot to learn about raising teens. :p

10. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Some of us are just being funny and some don't want to blab out loud that the OP's son might be going low b/c , well, I can't say it. :eek:

11. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Apparently because some people are scared to say they think the OP's son is having sex.

To the OP, even if you think you know what your teen(s) are doing, don't fool yourself into thinking you know everything, because you don't.
    Not a knock on you, it is just reality.

12. Heather(CA)

Chris, thank you for attempting to clear that up. But as I said, I have a lot if experiance with teens. Anyone who has exp. already knows they don't know everything.

In this case however, she was being thoughtful and sweet.

Thsnks gor your post Deafmack. You wrre right on the money :D

13. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

That was sweet! I overheard Bobby's girlfriend asking him if he had candy as they were heading out to take a walk one day...I've loved her ever since :)