advertisement

gut flora, banaba leaf extract supplement, and stable blood glucose question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tracycramer, May 12, 2018.

1. tracycramer

tracycramer Approved members

Hello,
    Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of the claim that restoring and maintaining the health of a person’s microbiome (gut flora) through supplements (specifically containing Banaba Leaf Extract) such as Probiotics can stabilize blood glucose levels? This company sites studies from Germany and Brazil that supports that claim.

Brazil: https://www.hyperbiotics.com/blogs/...lthy-gut-promotes-balanced-blood-sugar-levels

German study and the product: https://www.hyperbiotics.com/produc...Ir_EKk0AQ-xFW5NgN11IrTp-sc3uIFIhoCYtgQAvD_BwE

Regarding blood glucose levels, they say: “Banaba Leaf Extract has been proven to promote normal blood glucose levels in as little as one week by enhancing the transport and the uptake of glucose.”

Thank you, tracy

2. tracycramer

I forgot to add that my 12 year old daughter has Type 1 diabetes.

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

For people who have Type 1 diabetes, their BG will never be "stabilized" until there is a cure and they no longer have Type 1 diabetes.

The first link you provided seems to be aimed at people with Type 2 diabetes.

The second link you provided isn't as clear but it seems likely it is aimed at people with Type 2 also.

You asked a similar question several years ago. Maybe it would be helpful to educate yourself about the differences between Type 1 and 2. Unless you are just trying to promote the products you are providing links to. But I hope that is not the case.

kim5798, Ali and rgcainmd like this.
  4. tracycramer

Dear Chris,
    I appreciate your taking the time to point this out to me. I saw that too, but was not sure that it was relevant to its possible applicability to Type 1 kids. Best to you, tracy

5. Ali

Ali Approved members

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

This is a bit odd, maybe an auto ad reply system. Christopher, appreciate you looking this up.

rgcainmd likes this.