advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardiuan Arrived!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom264, May 24, 2010.

1. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Wahoo! This makes things overnight so much easier. Also beneficial for thing like dance recitals.

BUT -- the transmitter did not come, so we are still working with one that is definitely becoming less accurate.

Guess it is time for a reminder call to MM. :cwds:

2. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

:D

(message too short)

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I am going to need to look into getting one.

did you just call up MM and let them do the rest?

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

That's basically what we did, Michelle. We told our MM rep (who comes to all of our endo appointments) that we wanted a Guardian and let her run with it. They did all the work, and in a couple of weeks, it was in the mail. They're really good at spending insurance companies' money. ;)

Especially for a child Ian's age, I think you'd really like it. He's old enough to be annoyed that you're asking to see his pump all the time, but not old enough to be doing much independently with the CGM numbers.

5. frizzyrazzy

I was going to go with the fact that dh has severe hearing loss in the upper range (ie, he cannot hear the beep AT ALL. not at all, even with his hearing aids in )

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I like that, but I'm not sure you'll have to give a reason. From what people on the board have said, insurance appears to generally cover CGM or not. And if it does, MM people have not (at least to my knowledge) had trouble getting a Guardian. It's a total luxury, but insurance companies have apparently not figured that out.

7. frizzyrazzy

oh, ok then. :)

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

we had no problems getting the guardian covered.. its actually not that much more than just the minilink.