- advertisement -

Grrrrr.....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Noel, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Noel

Noel Approved members

Upgrading Aidan to a new pump (going from the 722 to the Revel)...

Aidan gets pretty attached to things, doesn't like to change, finally convince him that since his warranty is up we should upgrade to the "newer improved", he's psyched. This is Wed, of this week, pump will deliver on Friday, promise him we will switch over this weekend. He can't wait to go to school on Monday to show his teacher (who is type 1 herself).

Pump is delivered, he opens it......and it's the wrong color. Took him 20 minutes while the MM people were on the phone to finally pick the clear one. Sure enough he gets the "smoke" which is the same color as the one that he had for the past 4 years. He's crushed. He says, "Never mind, I'll just keep my old one." Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :mad:

Call MM and get a flippin' run around about getting it swapped out. Ummmm they say "well is the color really that big of a deal" He!! yeah it is, especially when you are an 11 year old kid who has had this device hanging off of your side for the past 8 years and not by your choice. So when it comes to something that has to do with diabetes that you can choose, then YES color is a BIG DEAL...............

Ugh...this is still unresolved....we will have to wait until next week to speak to the right person to see if there is anything we can do!!!!! They have one chance on Monday to fix it.

Sorry just needed to vent about this to people who would get it.

2. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

That is so disappointing!! Of course the color is important!! I hope they fix this asap for you. This isn't what you ordered so how can they argue with that? Ask to speak to a supervisor. Good luck!

3. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

Would he be interested in a pump skin? We change ours every few months - get themed ones for Christmas, Halloween etc. We bought a special Irish themed one for our trip to Ireland. You can even upload your own skin design. He gets pretty excited about choosing a couple every few months. There is a link to the skins site off the Medtronic website.

Good luck - I don't see why they wouldn't just switch out the pump but if they don't the Skinz are a great option.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I totally get it.:(

Maddie's transition from Coz to MM was ... unenthusiastic to say the least. And the wrong color would have pushed her over the edge.

I hope you can get someone at MM to understand why that matters.:cwds:

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I would be upset too. Purple is my favorite color, but after 4 years with it, I'm ready for the pink one. Only 3 more months!

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

If you ordered the clear one they should send you the clear one within 48 hours. It is a consumer product you ordered and payed $5,000 plus for. You do not need to wait to talk to anyone. It should be done now.ali

7. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I would be mad as well. You should get the color you ordered. They shouldn't be giving you the runaround on this. They goofed therefore they should fix their error and they should apologize for their error as well.

8. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I totally understand, I'd be angry too. I'm 21 and colour is still important to me! :eek: They stuffed up, so they should fix it, no question!

9. mocha

mocha Approved members

That is totally not cool on MM's part.

It is hard to switch pumps. After those 4 years, it's kinda like a trusted buddy. You know how to work it, how to wear it. You know the size and the feel, I mean, this thing has been with you for the past 4 years, pretty much never leaving your side.

And when you finally get excited enough to switch up, to let the poor little pump take a break after 4 years, the company screws up.

You are the consumer, and they did not get you the product that you ordered. They screwed up.

I hope it all gets resolved, and that you don't have to raise too much hell to get it.

10. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Yes, it's a big damn deal. They should fix it immediately. I'm surprised you got any push back from them. That's ridiculous.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  11. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

BTW - My dd upgraded to a Revel (clear) a couple of weeks ago and loves it. The bolus seems to go a little slower (or at least the count seems to) because it shows smaller increments; that seemed weird to her at first. But now we're used to it and we're both happy. The clear color is very cool. I'm sure he'll like it once they ship you the right pump.

12. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Color totally matters - when MM sent my daughter the wrong color (smoke for purple) I called and they sent it overnight we had the correct color by ten am the next day less than 24 hours after the first one came. I would not wait till Monday I would do it now. :eek:

13. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I totally get that too!! I'm surprised they wanted to wait until Monday. I would probably call back and see if someone else is more helpful. That would be a big bummer at our house too if the wrong color came.

14. maryellen816

maryellen816 Approved members

If color wasn't important, they wouldn't offer different colors. They know very well how important pump color is to their sales volume. They should send you the pump you ordered immediately. Be very careful that it is a new one, not refurbished.

15. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

When I ordered the clear, my rep gave me a ton of skins, which I have no idea where my husband put, she thought I'd get sick of the clear,(she got the purple one)I'd never use them, would make a mess tring to. My CDE insisted on putting one on she liked, but I removed it when she went home :)(don't read this Teri:cwds:)

16. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oh yeah, that's a big deal - especially since they messed up.

Ian also picked the clear because he figured skins would look better but (you'll relate) he's had the same skin on now for the whole past year because he refuses to change it out. Which I guess says something for the durability of the skinit skins if nothing else. ;)

But I so get the 'hates change' thing. totally.

17. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

color is very important. I am 42 ,love my purple pump.