- advertisement -

green smoothies

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sam1nat2, Sep 28, 2010.

1. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Anyone do this?
    I've got serious blender envy;) I really really want a vitamix to make these awesome smoothies. Just not in the budget now, not even close:(

2. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

I've done it in the past. My 10 year old saw me doing it enough that she would drink a smoothie with spinach in it too. Of course the gross other people out was a big draw for her, and it helped that it doesn't taste any different. LOL.

I want a vita mix too!

3. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

We drink smoothies allot. We put spinach, baby carrots, all types of fruits and I have even put broccoli in it. The "trick" for my husband is you put a little more blueberries in to help cover up the taste. I personally love cucumbers and celery in mine :)

4. jmcole1

jmcole1 Approved members

I just started getting into these and am still experimenting. You might like Greensmoothiegirl.com. I was recently on a 28 day detox my doctor put me on. I went gluten, dairy and sugar free. No corn or soy. I'm still GF until I see my doctor next week. The two big blenders are Vita-Mix and Blendtec. My husband let me splurge a few weeks ago and I went with the Blendtec. Loving it. I too sneak organic baby spinach in my kids smoothies as it is so neutral tasting. I've also purchased kale and collards.

JC

5. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

we were given a breville one over the weekend and I love it, just hate all the parts to clean.

6. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

blue print cleanse

I just got this book which has some great recipes for green drinks in it. More juicing than smoothie. I put all sort of stuff in our smoothies. Spinach is easy to blend up with some banana and whatever else you want to throw in.

7. jmcole1

jmcole1 Approved members

I just wanted to add that I have a friend who has been teaching me about raw/whole foods. I have a juicer as well and she explained to me that when you juice your feeding your cells (nothing to digest) and when you make blend the greens/fruit your feeding yourself. With the juice your not getting the fiber. Both are great for your body.

JC