- advertisement -

GREAT NEWS!!! (So excited I can't hold it in!)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by katie.c, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Here in BC, we'd need to get a Doc in the USA and buy it there. My CDE and I were thinking about it for both of us. She still may. I decided against another injection.

2. katie.c

katie.c Approved members

You'd still have to make the trip, but maybe you could get some samples to let you test it? Then you can at least decide if the trouble and cost is worth it to you. I know a lot of people give it up but Damian is happy with it despite the cost and it being a pain in the butt to get and adjust to it. I doubt he'll be giving it up any time soon. The monthly cost would depend on if you dose as directed or not.
    WERID! I just remembered reading a post of yours about this and was trying to find it. I wanted to ask if you had gone through with it. Do you pump? Have you considered pumping it mixed with insulin or using an extra set without tubing? He doesn't mind sticking himself but wanted to try mixing them at some point since he's untethered anyway. I don't ask exactly how he gets it. It's such a "red tape" thing that I don't really want to know everything about the process. I don't ask, he only tells the very basics and we've left it at that so far. We've talked about the effects and how he uses it (different than directed) though. It's useful and I've considered it for Josh a little but some lows get scary. Glucose gel helps with those. I haven't thought hard about it for him yet. But It's like when we couldn't get Aleve OTC. He used to pick some up when he was in the US but I didn't feel comfortable bringing it back so I relied on getting it by prescription. I'm just not a rebel. :eek:

I love a lot of things about Canada but it does make me mad that we can't easily access the same things you can in the US. I would love to be able to try another CGMS with Josh and Damian desperately wants the Omnipod. The tubing is the #1 thing stopping him from regular pumping and he needs a pump for small boluses.:mad:

3. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I buy what I can there, too expensive here, we go weekly for gas, grocery and non rx items, BUT I hate needles, and wouldn't want another set in me, or to take additional shots. I seem to have conquered my resistance with a ton of insulin, but it's working(feels like teenage years again with the amounts I'm taking)

4. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Awesome news! :)