- advertisement -

Great Bonding Idea - And Healthy Too!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Trev, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Trev

Trev Approved members

As a type 1 with a Type 1 teen I have just discovered a great way to bond with my kid! We have started exerciseing together, anyone else have any workout ideas to engage together with your kids/teens?

Have an awesome day!!!

Trev
    Type 1 28 yrs
    2-Type 1 Kids
    3 Non-D's
    1 Amazing Wife

PS: Didn't mean to offend, my sincerest apologies.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Exercise? What's that? lol

With really young kids, it's hard for me to get much exercise. I love to go on walks, and I want to get a bike with a trailer so we can go on rides together. In the summer we go hiking sometimes. I count my house cleaning as my exercise for the day (I clean vigorously). Exercise should be enjoyable, IMO. Just do what you like to do, and the health benefits are just an added bonus. :)

3. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Yeah...lots of people include their blog address in their signature...it's a bit less "in your face" that way.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Trev, how many times are folks going to have to suggest to you that perhaps it's not the best manners to post a hook followed by link to your blog? :rolleyes:

You can obviously keep doing it, I'm sure there are no rules against it, but honestly it's a bit tacky.

5. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

what is the deal with everyone getting so upset about people's blogs? Just because someone mentions they have one and suggests you look at it does not mean you have to look....., why is this "tacky?"

Honestly, I haven't clicked on any blogs because it doesn't interested me, but why do people get so worked about this? Just wondering....

6. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I think that it is because this particular person regularly (several times per week) posts a stringer, something interesting to talk about...then doesn't give information in his post, we MUST go to the blog to read/discuss. As I mentioned in another post about this a few days ago, I feel a bit taken advantage of, like what we have to say isn't really that important, we're just pawns to increase traffic on his site.

It was brought to his attention recently, that while there were those of us who truly enjoyed his words and his viewpoint and think he has a lot of interesting things to contribute, we don't want to feel used by him as a way to increase blog traffic, that we'd love it if he'd cut/paste the info and then those who chose to could visit.

He didn't respond to that request. And has posted two more links since. (one of them a topic he had already brought up, actually).

It's certainly his right and not against any user agreement. And you are correct, we don't have to click and go there. I am now purposely NOT opening his blog, which is a shame actually. If he needs more traffic, ask for it! Hey guys, I'm trying to get some sponsors and could use your help...I'd respond favorably to that! It's this insidious dangling of interesting topics and then...no information UNLESS you go there. Just seems a bit suspicious.

I'd love to hear from him about it, actually, and was surprised it wasn't addressed in the other topic.

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Exactly.

(mts)

8. Trev

Trev Approved members

I will comment now.

Well I am sorry first and foremost. Did not realise how offensive I was being will certainly remove it if this is how you all feel.

I am fairly new at blogging and networking. I love diabetes, work as an educator, have diabetes, and care for two type 1 kids, so if you are suspicious it is a little dramatic in my opinion. Just rying to share.

I do appreciate the cutting and pasting idea and will do this from now on. Would you all like me to just leave, let me kniow and I will.

If you desire me to remove my signature I will do that as well.

Of course I want to drive traffic to my blog, it aint about the money it is about sharing information that I feel is to much to place in a forum.

Let me know, I will do what you all request.

Sincerely Trev

9. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I do enjoy your adventures and your input, you have a great perspective and I like reading what you have to say. My request would be to cut/paste from your blog, but please leave your blog in your siggy. I am definitely happy to help traffic when I have time, I like to support those who I feel are doing good things out there. I just don't always have time to click and would prefer it to be my CHOICE, not forced.

10. Lee

Lee Approved members

Ditto - I enjoy reading your blog. I like your ideas and I enjoy reading about T1 adults who navigated the road if - plus you have an even deeper perspective because you are also raising two T1 kids!

I think you have a world of knowledge and are one of the few folks here who can understand both the perspective of the T1 and the parent of T1.

11. Sarah Maddie's Mom

No one said anything about you leaving. That's goofy. We said that we felt a bit "used" by your posting of a hook and then a link thereby forcing folks to go to your blog to see what you were actually posting about.

Post, link, blog, share till the cows come home, just don't treat us like a captive audience, that's all.;)

12. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

hey what kind of exercise are you'll doing. I just started running. And my girls are ruining.were just not doing it together. Finally started using my treadmill.

Frankly I hate to exercise and if I can find excuse not to I will use it.
    I ran/walked almost 6 miles last weekend.

13. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

I see he edited the blog link. My thing is I'm to lazy to clink on another link to go to another site. even if people post magazine articles unless it's something I really want to read, I won't even click on the link.

Now to your question. How about walking? The weather is starting to get a little nicer. We're getting spring fever over here. Yesterday all 4 of my girls and myself went on a walk around our neighborhood. Well i walked they walked/ran/skipped/jumped LOL! basically acted like a bunch of goof balls.