- advertisement -

Got sick at Walmart

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Treysmom, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

:( He told us he did'nt feel good, we were almost finished. We were walking up to the registers in front of the jewlry dept. YUCK!! I felt so bad for him. I'm so glad my dh was with us, he took Trey out to the car. I waited for maintanence then went to check out. Lots of family has a stomach virus. I'm hoping its a fluke. He is not hungry at supper time which worries me. Trey lives hungry. I checked blood ketones 0.3, they were 0.0 yesterday when I checked because he was so moody and crying.

This is only the second time of throwing up since dx over 2 years ago. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

2. caspi

caspi Approved members

Awwww, I'm so sorry! 0.3 is still in normal range. Try to keep something carb filled in his system if you can, such as Gatorade or regular soda. I know how scary it is when this happens!!! You have tons of support here so just holler when you need us!!!

((HUGS))

3. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Robin...My Amanda has this a couple of days ago...vomiting, fever, horrible! She was sick for a whole day and night and then by the next day she was much better...It seems to be going around everywhere...seems all our kids are sick with it from coast to coast!!
    Amanda did NOT want to eat with this..so I kept her very well hydrated whether she wanted to drink or not..and kept a good eye on BG so she wouldnt go low and pulled back on the Lantus...and her Humalog..it was no fun..no sleep!
    I hope he feels better soon ..it is so hard when something as "simple" as a tummy bug is not so simple for our kids!

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I hope it is a total fluke, or maybe he just doesn't like walmart;) we just delt with a nasty stomach bug.. I hope you don't have to deal with anymore than what was left at walmart!

5. tandjjt

tandjjt Approved members

How is he today?

6. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Trey is still not feeling well. Ketones have been up to 0.8 they are back down to normal now. He does'nt want to eat but is drinking lots. BS have been on the lower side but I am watching closely.