- advertisement -

Good Sugar-Free Cookies?

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 2' started by Scoutjr, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Scoutjr

Scoutjr Approved members

Hi!

I am visiting from the Children with Type 1 board, my son is 8 and has Type 1. Anyway, I was volunteering at a senior center and many of them have Type 2 diabetes, as a treat, we brought in a large cheese plate, which was very well-received. I was just wondering if there are any decent sugar-free cookies out there that we could bring next time (in addition to the cheese).

Thanks!

2. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

Just remember that like with type 1, it's not just the sugar that affects blood glucose, it's the carbs. Sugar free cookies are usually still really high in carbs, plus some of the substitute sweeteners they use have other side effects.
    How's about a nice veggie tray with dip? Fruit has sugar but at least it is healthy. Maybe some crackers with the cheese - some carbs but also protein and fats.

3. Scoutjr

Scoutjr Approved members

Thank you! I figured it was the same concept. We did have crackers and cheese and that was a big hit. We'll stick with that and add some fruit for something sweet!

4. CHESter

CHESter New Member

5. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Also you can go over to the American Diabetes Website and check out the and check out the Eating Right with Diabetes which has a lot of recipes and idea. Also Dlife also has some good ideas. The thing is that sugar free stuff usually has a bad side effect of causing the person to live on the "throne". Sticking with thngs like cheese and crackers and veggies with dip and fruit is your best bet. It already sounds like you have some good ideas.

6. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Mini meringues are low carb.