- advertisement -

Good Camera for around $200?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by HBMom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Need to buy a new camera asap as my high school son has a photo project for English Class (photojournalism??) and all we have is an OLD Canon A400 that is on its last legs. Anyone have suggestions for around $200? Thanks!!

2. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I am not sure what you are looking for, but I love my camera. It is a Kodak Kodak Z712 IS. It takes beautiful pictures and is easy to use. It is not a small compact camera.

3. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Don't have any particular size in mind. Just want something that is easy to use and downloads easily to the computer (mac). I would much rather go to the store with some suggestions as to what people like, rather than just rely on the salespeople alone.

4. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

I have this one and I love it. I have a big SLR but wanted something small I could throw in my purse and this is perfect. Takes great pictures, has a good zoom, has facial recognition and a bunch of other special features.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-sh...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261469213&sr=8-1

The school has this one that we use a lot and its also a great camera. Pretty much the same thing, just less megapixels. Ive been told that unless your are doing some fancy editing with your photos, after 10 megapixels, it really doesnt matter.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybersho...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261469213&sr=8-6