- advertisement -

GMA - Bob Greene

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jetsmom, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jetsmom

jetsmom Approved members

Just watched a segment on GMA w/Bob Greene, he's come out with a new book for 'Diabetics'. Wish these shows would distinguish up front the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 and stop generalizing!

2. tesa

tesa Approved members

I agree. My SIL called this morning to tell me that this was on GMA. We turned on the TV and realized it was all about Type 2. She called to say sorry it did not have anything about Type 1.

It is sad they do clump both together all the time like they are the same. Most people do not understand that there is a difference. My SIL knows the difference now because of our daughter. :(

3. mollgirl

mollgirl Approved members

I saw that also and knew right away they were talking about type 2. It is ashamed they do not distinguish more between the two.

4. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

hate to say it, but you should always expect that anything on TV pertaining to diabetics is for type 2 unless otherwise specified. You can get upset and try to change it, or you can just let it go. Everyone has a different approach.

Personally I don't have time or energy to care about it. Having D in the house takes away all the extra energy I may have to work on a cause like this---maybe when he's in college.... wait, I'll have two teen girls then.
    Will just wait for a cure and do my part to raise money for that

5. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

6. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I'd be offended even if I had type 2. Why is Bob Greene an expert on diabetes? And don't people realize that type 2 isn't all about lifestyle?

7. annaluvspink

annaluvspink Approved members

yeah, so tired of people being so knowledgeable about diabetes---because their long lost Aunt Betty had type 2.....:rolleyes: