- advertisement -

gluten AND dairy free dinner ideas

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by shekov, May 13, 2008.

1. shekov

shekov Approved members

We love to have our neighbors over for dinner but it's tricky since within the family there is dairy allergy, type 1 D, and gluten sensitivity.

Looking for delicious dairy and gluten free dinner ideas.

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

My Mom is gluten and dairy free - it is a tough one, let me tell you. For Mother's Day, I made her coconut macaroons, which about 1/2 the recipes are gluten/dairy free. They also sell frozen brownies that are Gluten/Dairy Free - we frost those with plain ol' vanilla frosting.

We grill alot and use Krafts Original BBQ sauce. Also, I make two pasta salads using Hellmans - one that is normal, and one using Tinkyada's pasta which is gluten free.

I have made Chicken Parm for her - using soy cheese, and Jillians gluten/dairy free bread crumbs...

HHHmmmm, what else - oh -she uses that cheese for her pizzas also, we get the Kinkillins (something like that) pizza crust from the frozen natural foods sections.

There are lots of things out there - just beware of yeast - since that usually has been made from wheat (although my mom calls if it doesn't say - that is how she knows Krafts original bbq sauce works)

Oh, and keep the labels until after everyone can inspect them!

3. Karenwith4

Karenwith4 Approved members

We've been trying out a bunch of new dinner salads.
    The kids liked this one a lot. It might work. It feeds 6 people (2 adults, 4 kids)

Apple, Maple, Walnut Salad
    Red and green leaf lettuce or other hearty lettuce greens
    1/2 head large raddichio
    2 medium sized tart, crunchy apples - I used Empires
    1 large yellow pepper
    2 stalks celery
    2 green onions
    6 sausages, cooked and cubed into small chunks
    Walnuts

Chop vegetables, mix with sausage, serve over prepared lettuce and raddichio. Top with chopped walnuts.

Dress with Maple Vinaigrette.

Maple Vinaigrette:
    Ingredients
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 cup balsamic or good quality wine, or cider vinegar
    1/2 cup Maple Syrup
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 cup olive oil (I use half olive 1/2 flax)
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Preparation:
    Combine mustard and basil in a small bowl. With a whisk, add vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice and garlic. Add olive oil and continue whisking until ingredients are well combined. Season with salt and pepper.

4. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Our favorite GF meals are tacos (or taco salad) and old fashion Roast with potatoes and carrots.

5. shekov

shekov Approved members

Thanks. It makes me appreciate the fact that we aren't gluten free ...yet.

6. Theresa

Theresa Approved members

I hope this is ok to post here, but I recently found a NEW forum that has some Gluten Free recipes -- http://www.glutenfreenetwork.com/index.php

Also, most of my recipes on my "recipe blog" in my signature are Gluten free and Dairy Free.

Hope this helps :)