advertisement

(Girls Only) VERY PERSONAL

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Mgirod, May 28, 2014.

1. Mgirod

Mgirod Approved members

Hi THIS IS GOING TO GET PERSONAL!!!!!!!!!!
    Am I the only one who has to deal with yeast infection? THe Dr. said it was common in diabetics but I feel alone, HELP??

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I really think that's a function of just being dx'd and once things get a little better in balance and you get your bgs back into a more normal range it should not be an issue. Your Dr should have said that "uncontrolled" diabetes leads to a risk of yeast infections. It's not a "diabetes thing" it's a high glucose thing.

Hope things improve ;-)

3. Ali

Ali Approved members

This is true. I was diagnosed because I went in with a terrible yeast issue, very very embarrassing at 16 but I had confided in a sister about some issues and she convinced me to go in thinking I had a kidney issue... I know crazy but it is embarrassing at 16. If your BG numbers are kept in a good range you will not have an issue with yeast infections, but you may have an issue with yeast infections separate from your T1 so just watch. After your numbers are stabilized if you still have yeast issues the go see your Gyn and they can help figure it out for you.

4. Mgirod

Mgirod Approved members

GOOD NEWS!! Once I got my bg under control after diagnosis it went away!!