- advertisement -

getting supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by pianoplayer4, Jul 29, 2013.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I get my supplies through the mail... but animas (and I assume my insurance though I havent talked to them yet...) won't ship to a PO box... how does your child get their supplies at college?

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Can you get an alternate address at the school that isn't a PO Box...like the medical center or something?

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Are you sure you will have a PO box? Our addresses were just our name, name of school, name of dorm, room number and then city and state.

All mail went to 2 different centers near the freshmen dorms and you would pick it up. They would put a slip in your mailbox for all packages. And call/email for any packages marked urgent.

4. moco89

moco89 Approved members

You can get a UPS (not USPS) box and that is not a PO BOX. You can name your postal box as Suite #3 instead of PO BOX 3 at UPS.

I do not know if you have a car or anything else.

Another option is talking to administrators at your university to see what they can do for you. The office that deals with disabilities should be of help. In fact, I would go to disabilities first to get this resolved.

5. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I have yet to do it, but the college has a mail office with a normal address, and the student is assigned a "box" and they hold onto it until pick up by the student. They text the student when a package comes in case it's important.

So it goes to what is in essence a PO box, but the address is NOT a PO, if that makes any sense!

6. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Technically, I'm supposed to put my Box # on my mail but I don't do that for any of my packages or mail. I just have my name and the college address listed on there, which does cause the USPS staff at my college to look up my name just to get a box number.

I would check on your college website for what you are supposed to write on packages if it can't be a PO Box. If it's not explained on the website email residence life, disability services, or whoever is in charge of mail; you're probably not the first student who has a package that can't be shipped to a PO.

7. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

We have a small college locally that does not provide mailroom services for students, thay are required to get a PO box at the nearby USPS. I work for the USPS, if you have a PO box, you can use the Post Office address to receive parcels. Call your Post Office to ask how to arrange for this. If your college has a mailroom, you can contact them to get the actual address you will use to receive mail. Good luck at school!