- advertisement -

Getting fed up with Dexcom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momofone, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

I would insist on speaking with a Dexcom supervisor. If you still don't get results you can always try a reset. There's a tiny hole on the back of the receiver. You stick a small pin or paperclip in the hole & it will reset the receiver. It also may wipe all your settings, so you'll need to check. A friend got her Dex a few months after we did 2 yrs ago. It was constantly out of range, even with the receiver within a foot of the transmitter. She also got the ???s a lot. After the reset, the unit worked well. It may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Something else to consider: When your son sleeps on his stomach does he extend his arms over his head, or sleep with them folded under his head? From our experience, any position that constricts the blood flow in the area of the sensor can cause issues.

2. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

I did not read all of the post so sorry if this was already mentioned. We have been using the 7 plus since it was released and we used the seven (which did not work very well for us). The first two nights on the 7 + we get the ??? and readings are off. But after that we get less ??? and reading start to come together a lot better. It is definitely working really well but the the forth day. We do not pull it off after seven days but go ahead a re-start the machine. We can usually get another week off of it and the readings are almost identical to the meter and no ???. I will even do corrections at night without checking with the meter. We will start to get ??? the start of the third week at night and once this happens we will pull it and start a new one.

3. momofone

momofone Approved members

This is a great idea! I am in touch with a supervisor and hope to get in contact with him tomorrow again. Maybe I can escalate to a manager?

Thanks for the great advice everyone. I'll keep in mind the reset button as well. :)

When he sleeps on his stomach his arms are above his head. Last night was a bit better but it's the inconsistency that drives me crazy too. I never know what really to expect one day/night to the next.