- advertisement -

g5?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nebby3, Oct 4, 2015.

1. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

So if you have ordered a dexcom g5 anybody gotten it yet? We ordered the upgrade and I know they said shipping in October; I am just wondering if any are out yet (we've have so many insurance issues this year I am paranoid . . .)

2. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We ordered two and have received one, so far.

3. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

Pictures please!!!!! When you compare it with G4 is it bigger?

4. GreatSambino

GreatSambino Approved members

I just checked on our Dexcom online account and it says "preparing to ship" with estimated ship date October 1, so hopefully soon!

5. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

We got ours last week. Called to upgrade and had it the next day.

6. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Mine still says expected to ship Oct 1. I wonder how they're choosing what order to ship in. I placed my order the day it was approved.

7. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I received mine on the 1st. It was covered by insurance and I ordered it the day before I got it.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Sounds like they're doing the insurance upgrades before the free upgrades, then.

9. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

I haven't even opened the box :) We aren't switching until we have a problem with the transmitter or receiver so I can't take one out of the box. I'm hoping to get a few more months out of these G4 transmitters first!

10. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I was told the opposite by dexcom but it does seem like that. I only got mine right away because I explained that I was about to spend several weeks out of the country and wanted to switch over beforehand. They were super helpful and managed to get it out within a few hours of my call.

11. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Ours said it was supposed to ship the 2nd, but I don't think it has shipped yet (no confirming email). I'm in no hurry but eventually I'll follow up with them.

12. andiej

andiej Approved members

I'm in the UK and they've only just been approved here, we don't currently have Dexcom we use the Libre but I'm considering the G5 when it's available here. Has the cost in the US changed for the G5 compared to the G4?

13. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

After reading this thread I decided to check on our order. Have been on hold for 22 minutes. Sigh.

Edit: End of the week. Inventory cannot keep up with orders. They will send email when it ships.

14. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Should have added my post to this thread instead of starting a new one, so be sure to check out the thread entitled "About Getting Your Dexcom G5".