- advertisement -

G4!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by pianoplayer4, Oct 15, 2013.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

Just ordered mine!!!!!!! so excited it should be here by the end of the week:D

2. Dave

Dave Approved members

G4 is the greatest thing ever. Totally will change your life. You can sleep better...you can get control of your kids numbers better...you can invent new and creative ways to keep the numbers low (e.g. safer to pre bolus, etc.)...you can learn about what certain foods do over time...you can catch lows...you can empower your child and remove fear of lows...when you start to see a diagonal arrow up and the sensor hitting 140 you can correct on the rise...the list goes on... Greatest thing ever.

Make sure you read all about adhesives on here. From the very first sensor, I recommend using adhesive remover to take the sensor off. Tearing it off will take a little bit of skin and then the next time, or the next next time, you will see bright red rash. Best to avoid that from the get go.

3. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Congrats! I received mine in June, I really wanted it for this semester as it would be first year having a single room. You'll love it, it helps me know where I'm when I'm sitting in class and it allows me to sometimes treat a low blood sugar discretely without having to pull out my meter. It has woken me up from lows, that I would've never caught. It really works into the college lifestyle.

Though, I do recommend you put the receiver on your desk or something that's not right next to your bed. I find that if its next to me when I sleep, I unconsciously silence alarms.

I do recommend getting some Tegaderm, I ordered a pack of 20 on Amazon for 8.90 and its way cheaper than at CVS. I use it when I want to stretch the life of the sensor to ~14 days because the adhesive starts to weaken on about day 5.

4. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

thanks you guys=) I have the seven plus right now, so I'm used to adhesives and such... just excited to have louder alarms!! and a HUGE range!!! right now if it's not right next to my bed when I'm sleeping it losses signal.

5. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

It definitely has a strong signal! I can leave it in my room and go down the hall and still have it pick up a signal. Louder alarms is an understatement, I have mine set to attentive. The first one is just a vibration, if you don't acknowledge it plays a loud melody, if you don't acknowledge that it's a loud foghorn sound.