- advertisement -

G4 Transmitter battery question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BittysMom, Mar 19, 2014.

1. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

We've recently gotten the low transmitter battery warning and have ordered a new one. It may take a while due to new insurance chaos and I was wondering if keeping the receiver further from the transmitter drains the transmitter battery at a faster rate. Thanks.

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I really don't think so. I believe the transmitter just shoots a signal out every 5 minutes. It doesn't search for a receiver or anything.

3. BittysMom

Thanks. This clearly isn't my forte. ;)

4. Mish

Mish Approved members

I don't think it's like battery issues with pumps or meters, where repeatedly turning the backlight on, for instance, wears out the battery faster.

Hopefully your approval comes through quickly.

5. BittysMom

Thanks. We shall see.

6. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

Just so you know, the transmitter battery has about one week left of life in it when you receive that message. It took us 5 weeks to get the new transmitter because we had a change in insurance carriers. I pray yours will not take that long and that your transmitter lasts longer! :eek:

7. BittysMom

Thank you but unfortunately it lasted 3 1/2 days and the new one won't get here until Wednesday by 8pm. I'm not happy without it at all. Just had a "Oh look, turns out you're 350 two hours after breakfast" moment. Grr.

8. BittysMom

And sorry about your outrageous wait!