- advertisement -

G2 Gatorade

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by still..hopeful, Jan 2, 2010.

1. still..hopeful

still..hopeful Approved members

Does anyone drink Gatorade or the G2 Gatorade? I thought the G2 Gatorade was gluten free but I think I may be wrong. Here is the FAQ from their website.
    Does Gatorade contain Gluten?
    No, none of our Gatorade products contain wheat ingredients, which would be the source of wheat Gluten.

Does that sound like they maybe hiding gluten?

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

that does sound a little iffy.. Kaylee does drink g2, sometimes, and regular gatorade when sick.. I haven't heard anything about it NOT being safe, but that statement has me thinking!

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Well, the first word in their answer is No. I think they probably clarified because people have asked specifically what might be in it to make sure.

4. ampb9755

ampb9755 Approved members

What about barley or rye. It only says wheat gluten.

5. Flutterby

This is what makes me wonder, they specifically say wheat.. but wheat would be the most common.. can't see barely or rye being in G2, but then again, I can't see why grilled chicken has wheat gluten dusted on it.:rolleyes:

6. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

It may just be a strictly literal thing. We use gluten-free to mean WBRO, but if I remember correctly, gluten is only the name of the protein in wheat. The protein that causes the problem in BR is called something else, and of course O are just cross-contamination issues. BTW, I've loaned my gf books out, so I am going only by memory here which is scary!:eek::D;)

Has anyone called the company to clarify?

7. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Just called them. They do not add gluten ingredients. I verified, "That includes wheat, barley, rye or oats?" "Yes, no wheat, barley, rye, or oats."

8. Flutterby

thats good to hear! Thanks for calling them.

9. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

I think this is what happens when the fear of lawsuits causes a company to make their answers complicated. While the "No" should've been enough of an answer, they went on to add extra text that wasn't absolutely definitive.

My son --who is now very sensitive to gluten-- drinks G2 all the time and has no problems with his Celiac.

10. HumanWaffle

HumanWaffle Approved members

I don't always drink G2 or even just G. It's party because it is so expensive, but whenever I drink it, I am always fine.

11. jewlzann

jewlzann Approved members

Funny I just bought the powder mix and questioned it myself. I called and they said it was gluten free. We have been drinking it....