- advertisement -

FYI I just learned something from Dexcom if you get it Pharmacy RX instead of DME

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Mar 13, 2014.

1. chalke43

chalke43 Approved members

We have been able to get pretty much all of our supplies through RX this year. We went to a new insurance plan and when we inquired as to coverage during open enrollment, the insurance company said nearly everything was RX, while the prescription company said everything was DME - to be honest, we were a bit afraid of being left in the lurch and not having anything covered due to the two companies fighting with each other, but it has worked out well. We had to switch from Edgepark to Solara due to the insurance switch, and Solara has been able to run everything as RX - infusion sets, cartridges, Dexcom sensors, Dexcom transmitter. This has been a big savings for us (although now I'm not sure we're going to be able to use all of our FSA funds).

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

There is the rub, huh.

Any one need orthodontics? that how I made up with our overage this last year were I had the same issue.