- advertisement -

Funny story about my daughters lost medical bracelet

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Thoover, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Funniest thing all you could have done was laugh. My daughter who was diagnosed over a year ago is thin. Weighs 60 pounds and is about 4'8, she is 9 years old. The medical bracelet she has slides off her wrist sometimes.
    My son who just turned 5 was eating cookies in the playroom out of the box which he snuck in there. My son comes in while my daughter is singing the American Idol game on the Wii and goes "Mommy I found sissy's bracelet" I said oh was it on the floor, he said no it was in the bag of cookies.. LOL. I went to get a cookie and I grabbed the bracelet. HA HA

She finished singing and I said "Britt, Nick found your bracelet" AND were you eating cookies... With surprise she goes NOOOOO with a little laugh, I said you are so busted Nick found it in the cookie box bag. And after that HOW MANY DID YOU EAT!!!!

Thank god she plugged in what she ate though.... You had to laugh at the funniest things..

2. momofphoenix

momofphoenix Approved members

That is pritty good, LOL I needed a little laugh today and that did it. I can just imagine where we will find bracelets once my DS starts wearing them again lol

3. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

That is funny. In the cookie bag! Yep, so busted by brother...

4. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

How does that ole saying go... "Got caught with your hand (or bracelet) in the cookie jar!"

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

"Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?"
    "Brittney stole the cookie from the cookie jar!"
    "Say what? Not me!"

That is classic! I love it:D

6. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

too funny!

7. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Busted! That's so cute!

A kid on Connor's bus tried to trade their perfect attendance chart for his diabetes bracelet. Nice...

8. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Too funny...Just like a little brother to get you busted;):DLOL

9. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

That is so funny. Next time she will get busted because she will leave it next to the cookie jar because she will remove it so it will not fall into the cookie jar. LOL

10. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

TOO FUNNY!!
    i need a chuckle this mornign. thx

11. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

All this diabetes site changes, pricking the finger etc, something funny had to come sooner.. Im thankfull she plugged in the carbs for the cookies cause she forgets unless I keep reminding her..

12. Boo

Boo Approved members

BUSTED!!! :D

And good for you for seeing the humor and not getting angry with her...at least she bolused! I hope you acknowledged that to her. ;)

13. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Oh I did congratulate her on giving herself the correct insulin for it. Because it seems I am always on her for saying "Did you plug in what you ate"? And she is always like Opps no I forgot.. Then she gives me an attitude.. She is 9 going on 17 with the attitude.. We laughed about it, and I told her I am going to put this story on CWD boards for a good laugh. She laughed at all the responses..

We all needed a good laugh this week!!!!

14. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Too funny! LOL