- advertisement -

Frustrated with Endo; refuses to let us move forward

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa - Aidan's mom, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Just wanted to give you more encouragement and support! One big thing I have learned here on CWD is to remember the doctors work for YOU! You should be able to get what you need to support your D child. If you can't...time to move on to another doctor that will help. Good luck on your transfer and getting that POD!! :cwds:

2. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We had a very similar experience when we went to a large children's hospital in the city. I wasn't as patient as you, however. We wanted him to go on the pump ASAP, but the put us off at every visit with some excuse or another...some were just blatantly wrong. My nieces both had pumps, and I knew some things about them..and the endos just kept coming up more lame excuses each time. Finally, at the one year mark, I was fed up, and we did find another, local endo. (Actually my niece's former endo.) He was wonderful, put us on the pump immediately, and said some endos just don't like pump patients because it is more labor-intensive for THEM (the frequent follow up/question calls, etc). That made me mad to discover...being put off just because his former endo couldn't be bothered!:mad:

Even though we are with a one-person practice now, I love that his endo knows him so well, and we get very personal and excellent care and service. Plus, no more driving into the city and driving endlessly through the parking gararge/lot looking for a spot!;)

It's too bad you can't find a more local endo that you like...but I would switch if it were at all possible. Find an endo who does what is best for your child rather than himself!