- advertisement -

Friend whose lying...Not even sure about diabetes?

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by diabetesgrlsxoxo, Jun 16, 2009.

1. diabetesgrlsxoxo

diabetesgrlsxoxo Approved members

I met a girl who said she was 17 on the a diabetes teen board. We talked for a while on there and she seemed really nice. So we then exchanged emails and she was very encouraging with my new diabetes dx. Well after a little bit I started talking about the Jonas Brothers :D. She then told me that her cousin plays Bass guitar for them etc. She goes on about how she knows them so much and is basically family with them etc. I try not to encourage it because I had this gut feeling that she was lying. Then she tries to convince me that i was talking to them on IM :confused: (yea right!). Well then she says other thing about them beign there with her when they were actually doing a live chat. So I caught her lying (although I never brought it up to her...). Well now shes lying about something else and is constantly asking about me....idk I am just getting a little creeped out like shes almost not really who she says she is. :cwds: She talks very little about her D (which I can understand) but its just kind of worrying me. I am worried that she was lying about multiple things and now she may be lying about her T1 diabetes...I have never given out any personal info. (although shes asked...). What would you do?? I am really scared because she was so helpful at first and is now really scaring me and I can't even trust her now..WWYD?

I know I have only been on these boards for a little while and haven't really posted much. So I understand if I shouldn't be begging for friendship issues right now...:cwds:. I just don't know who else to get advice from... Thank you!

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I would be a little bit weary too. You don't always know who you are talking to. Especially if she is asking you personal information. You're right she may not have diabetes. We have had past problems like that here:). It happens alot. I would just be careful about what info you give to her. You could always come out and ask her but I don't know if you wanna do that. Good luck in what you choose to do:)

3. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

she sounds like quite the creeper. next time you talk to her, ask her question that only a diabetic would know the answer to without much research, her i:c, isf, what her tdd is, whether shes pumping or mdi, that kinda stuff. if she cant answer them, or if you get the feeling shes lying, block her. if you dont mind me asking, whats her username on dtt?

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

So is she on DTT or what? The only diabuddy I IM is one that I actually met at Diabetes camp. I talk to y'all here, and I know y'all are real, but you know;):D:p. I would just cut off the connection with her. Block her or something.

5. diabetesgrlsxoxo

I didn't meet her here I met her on another diabetes forum. That is a good idea to ask her some of those questions...I asked her about the pump already and she said shes on the omnipod...but shes also a huge Jonas Brothers fan so even I knew what the omnipod was before I was dx because Nick used it...so that didn't help me but those other suggestions are good thanks!! Also she was telling me that she was dx on the exact same day as Nick which I thought was kinda weird...

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yeah that whole omnipod/Nick/dx date is kinda weird...
    What Chris and I meant was not that you met her HERE but on another web site--DTT. This is CWD LOL. Because DTT is a diabetes teen board :D.

7. NoMoreShots

NoMoreShots Approved members

Ha, I feel dumb. Im not good with abbreviations. Whats isf and tdd mean?

And I would block that chick. Seems a little creepy to me.:p You can't trust many people over the internet.

8. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

ISF: Insulin Sensitivity Factor (for corrections)
    TDD: Total Daily Dose.

9. diabetesgrlsxoxo

ohhh ok I didn't know what dtt was so I just figured you meant here! lol Sorry...ya I think I am just going to stop emailing or something because its really kind of creepy and just the fact that shes telling me all this stuff about her diabetes and its something anyone could make up if they were a JB fan...She was just so nice at the beginning but I would rather not get kidnapped later or something! LOL

And don't worry to the person who said something about abreviations....I am not good at those either! LOL

10. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

That SHE could be a 50 year old HE that is trying to get your personal information.

Block HE/SHE/IT and always trust your gut. Your gut is telling you the person is a phony.

11. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

we had a girl on here a few months ago who said she was 17/18, had type 1, her niece had type 1 and that she had a bunch of other health problems. i don't know if this is the same girl or not(i'll pm you her name if you like), but this girl sounds like trouble. of course, she could have been diagnosed around when nick was and forgot the exact date so she says 11-16.......just be careful!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  12. diabetesgrlsxoxo

yes please send me the name of that person and I'll see if its the same...is "pm" the same thing as Private Messages?

13. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

yup. sending it right now...........

14. Wenpuppy123

Wenpuppy123 Approved members

Wow. Creepy...

It could be an actual teen who just wants to get some attention. I've met some people that make up crazy stories just so they make friends. I don't understand why they do it though...:confused:

15. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

hi,

I think your being smart and your radar was up. That could be anyone online, even an older person trying to get info from you...kudos to you for NOt sharing any personal details.

I would not email her anymore..or atleast be very careful.
    Definitely Don't meet the person ....

ok I am just a mom who cares...but I can see your being aware and very smart.

Just curious is this person on this forum? maybe give Jeff a heads up about your concerns.

16. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Pm me to please X)

17. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

Me?

[message too short....]

18. ♥Kaitlyn♥

♥Kaitlyn♥ Approved members

wow, I would totally completely block her, she/he could find out who you are, and where you live by just what you type, and what info you give to them.. I would really be carefull... I have to be very careful just because I have a myspace and facebook!

I hope you find out what they say♥