advertisement

Foster Homes NJ AREA

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by sw2006, Sep 26, 2006.

1. sw2006

sw2006 New Member

I am a social worker in New Jersey. We have an 11 year old boy diagnosed with Diabetes in 2000. He was hospitalized in 2000 and can not return to any family members. We desperately need resources to secure this child a foster family which he needs and deserves. Does anybody know of any agencies or foundations I should contact?????

2. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

I would contact your local CDE (childrens diabetes educator) and see if they know of anyone who might be interested.

Another option is to see if any foster families on your list would be willing to learn about the care of a child with diabetes, and the other disabilities you described. As a mom with a child with diabetes, I don't think I could be a foster parent, let alone one to a child who had diabetes, plus other things that need to be addressed because of the constant worry, and all of the night time checks, and care that goes into one child. If one of my other kids were to be dx'd I would have to, but I wouldn't take it on, on my own accord.

Good luck, I hope you can find this young man a place to hang his hat. I wish I could offer more advise, but I am not even close to the NJ area.