advertisement

Forum? For parents of kids with cancer?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by cm4kelly, Feb 4, 2013.

1. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Is there a forum anywhere like this for parents who have children going through chemotherapy or that have cancer?

I have a wonderful friend who has an adult child (age 20) who has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing intensive therapy. He almost broke down today wishing he had someone he could talk to who would understand.

Does anyone know of a forum like this for parents who have children with cancer? I would refer him to it and think it would be so great to communicate with other parents like we do here. This place has been so beneficial to me.

2. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I'd have his parents check with his clinic to see if they offer any type of online support. If not, I'd contact the American Cancer Society and see if they can recommend something.

4. Leann_m_olson

Leann_m_olson New Member

Hi Kelly, I see this is an older post from 2013 so I hope i'm not intruding but my 25yo son was just diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer and is going through chemo. He also needs someone to talk with. He has a female friend who went through chemo that is helping to talk with her but she does not have Type1. Since they have a unique set of dx, it would be nice if he had someone with both to talk with. I hope that your friend's son is doing well. We are still at the overwhelmed point.

Leann
    Mom to Alex(25) dx 11/94 @ age 5; pen looking to switch back to pump

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

The blogger at TypeOneTrio has just started chemo; perhaps he could connect with him?

http://typeonetrio.blogspot.com/