advertisement

Forced Non-Medical Switching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Has your insurance company forced you to change medications or products?

Have you changed insulin because of a formulary change?

This is forced non-medical switching.

We're trying to learn about the extent of this, and its impact on CWD families. Please visit MyMedsMyChoice and take our survey.

Thanks.

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Following up on this earlier message, I'm attending an advocacy meeting in Washington, DC and have been asked to present on issues of interest to the CWD audience. If you've been forced to switch drugs or devices by your insurance company, please briefly share your story here. I'd like to share some real world experiences with those in attendance at the meeting.

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We were not forced to switch off Humalog by Express Scripts, but she became reactive to it. It's the only approved fast-acting by Express Scripts, so we now have to pay $30/script extra to have Novolog, plus when she picked up the first order at a local pharmacy, she got lectured by the pharmacist for not using an approved drug. She looked at the person and informed them "Apparently, my body didn't get the message about how it's supposed to prefer Humalog. I react to it." She was seething when she returned to the car.

rgcainmd likes this.
  4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Forgot to say our medical team has to jump through hoops each year of getting Novolog approved for her as a special exception which is a waste of time and raises medical expenses unnecessarily.

rgcainmd likes this.
  5. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Bravo to your daughter for standing up for herself like that! You must be so proud of her.