- advertisement -

For Those Who Avoid Black Friday

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MamaBear, Nov 25, 2011.

1. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Ok so I see people posting so obviously not everyone is out in the madness of pepper spraying for Jesus' upcoming birthday :rolleyes: (I'm sure that's what he would have done right? :rolleyes:). So what do those of you who stay out of that mess do on the Friday after TG? We slept in. Had some more pie for breakfast. In a bit we are getting ready to decorate our tree and house. We do this every year. It's our little tradition for this day. So what are you guys up to? Anyone else have any traditions for this day?

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I did go grocery shopping this morning. Came home and relaxed then went for a long walk with Steven looking for returnables. A nice man stopped and gave us all the ones in the back of his truck:) We usually just hang out and relax the day after Thanksgiving. I just couldnt handle the stress of the nutjobs out there today, not that Im calling any of our CWDers nutjobs mind you;)

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

To tell you the honest truth, it is a little after 5 pm and I'm still in my pj's! :eek: I had a very productive lazy day. :p They are rare for me so I took advantage of it! ;)

4. MamaBear

Sound very nice. I have alot of friends out shopping, one was sitting in a lawn chair outside of Target last night waiting for it to open! I told her she was crazy!:eek:
    It's just after 3 and we are all in our PJs too! It's been part productive and part lazy for us. I listed a new art project on Etsy, Twittered some sales for my other web site, we have been grazing today and watching TV and now we are making ornaments. Noone has touched the dishes yet. ;)

5. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

I spent my bday money online, just had to cuss at the websites freezing up every once in awhile lol.

6. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

we all slept in way to late :p we are still chilling in our jammies and eating left overs and watching princess movies. First black Friday I haven't been out shopping it in a while and I am glad to say I think this will be a new tradition here

7. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

A trip to the grocery store and a day spent writing.

8. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Sleep, eat leftovers, clean the house, do dishes... and eventually we wondered out to the store because we desperately needed to buy toilet paper. It wasn't so scary out but we waited until afternoon :)

9. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Never ever do I go shopping on Black Friday. Spent the day waiting for the repairman to come to fix the furnace. Staying bundled up. Furnace repairman came and put a temporary fix on the furnace. He had to order the part and it will be here on Monday or Tuesday and he will come out to replace the part.
    For now we have heat.

10. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

we stayed home in pj's all day..we all have seem to come down with a bug today..ugh..hopefully we are all better tomarow..we usually go get our tree today. now we plan on doing it tomarow, if all goes well..

11. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

We don't have any traditions for the Friday after Thanksgiving, but do try to have a low-key day. DD and I went to the grocery store after walking my brother's dog (my mom is dog-sitting while they are out of town).

We had turkey sandwiches for dinner and watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas": ?Maybe Christmas,? he thought, ?doesn?t come from a store.?
    ?Maybe Christmas?perhaps?means a little bit more!?

That sums up our approach to the day.

12. Lenoremm

Lenoremm Approved members

I worked today, better than shopping for me.

13. MamaBear

Somebody needs to explain this to Pepper Spray lady.

14. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Well it was my birthday today..so I got breakfast in bed..and did some reading....took my son to soccer practice...and then headed down to local sushi place for dinner....Day went by fast...would love to have the energy to get in on the sales..but frankly not worth losing sleeping and fighting the line battles with others out there LOL...

15. MamaBear

Happy Birthday to you both! :D

16. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

I went BF shopping last year, but this year my babysitters (mom and DH) both had to work, so i stayed home. I did go out grocery shopping from 9am-11am, the crowd wasn't that bad by that time in the day. All the big sales were pretty much over by then. In the afternoon we tried to see a movie, but the theater was packed and all the "kid friendly" movies were sold out. So we rented a movie (zookeeper. it was hilarious) and watched it at Grandma's house.