- advertisement -

For kids that wear their own Dexcom... belt/case suggestions!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KHS22, May 25, 2016.

1. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

So my daughter is soon to be 6. Up until now an adult has always been in "possession" of the dexcom. A couple of situations are coming up where likely she will start to have it on her being, and let someone know when it beeps, and sort of together treat the low or whatever.

My question, is - currently, she wears her pump in a spibelt. The dexcom definitely would fit in there too. But I know you can get belts like the tallygera ones with the clear front where you don't have to take it out to see the #. Do you find your kids prefer those? Or they don't care? I'm wondering if that type is "Safer" in terms of losing it - so she isn't pulling it out all the time?

Thanks for any input!

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

My son doesn't like to have stuff on his body so we put it all in a little bag - Dex (in our case G5 on an old iphone), PDM, tabs, etc.

3. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

Yah thats what we have now too, and works well for the most part. They'll just be a few situations in Grade 1, and at camp this summer where it really makes the most sense to have it physically on her... so trying to figure out how NOT to lose it LOL. And I'm kinda interested to see how it goes. She's excited, she's starting to be very interested in her numbers, wanting to be involved etc...

4. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

The dex receiver comes with it's own case - though my kids never wanted to use it. They just put it in their pockets until they started using the Iphone.

5. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

We are pretty new to the dexcom but my daughter wears a pump band for her pump and she just slides the receiver in there too. A lot of times she can see the screen through the pump band material if she doesn't feel like taking it out, even though the front isn't clear. Not saying that's the best way, but its what she's been doing so far.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We've used the double pocket spi-belt and the tally gear. Both work very well.